Moles are small often slightly raised blemishes on the skin which are quite dark due to high concentration of melanin in them.
Moles develop form the pigment producing cells of skin called as melanocytes. When these cells get deposited in large number at a particular site in skin they produce mole.
What are the causes of moles?
Exact cause of developing mole in skin is not known. Some time It is present at the time of birth but it also develop after birth. Most commonly it develops in fair skinned person who are exposed to sun light.
Moles can be epidermal, junctional or mixed intradermal nevi, depending upon the level and depth of their origin on your skin. This is important to know because, superficial lesion does not leave scar after treatment but deeper may leave.
Why mole is removed?
In most of the cases mole is harmless and painless. It is a benign growth.
- Most of the patient gets this treated to improve the cosmetic look.
- Large mole on scalp or cheek get injured while combing scalp or shaving respectively, in that case they need to be removed.
- In few cases atypical features in the mole like itching, discharge, ulcer then one should consult with qualified dermatologist as this might need urgent treatment.
What are the treatment for mole ?
Here at Jaipur Skin City we offer you effective radiofrequancy ablation therapy for mole removal. RF caurtery burns the mole up-to its depth in skin. This require single session under local anasthesia.
Punch excision, Surgical removal are other method of mole removal as per requirment.
Is it painful and will it leave a scar?
It is done under local anaesthesia so almost remain painless. if superficial will not leave a scar. Deeper lesion may leave a thin surgical line.
Are the results permanent?
Yes, once treated adequately, the results are permanent for moles
What are the advantage of RF caurtery treatment?
- Painless treatment with permanent results.
- Single session, very less time consuming (IN-OUT procedure).
- Improve the cosmetic appearance.
- Post treatment skin remain clear and healthy.