Today we’re discussing the tips to remove pimples in details these tips for a pimple free skin will surely help you in getting rid of these ugly marks. Pimples or acne is a common skin condition of adolescents and teenagers due to blockage of pores of oil-producing glands which results in blackheads, bumps and nodules on the skin of the face, upper arms, and trunk.
The severity, duration, and the distribution of pimples may vary considerably with temporary flare-ups and recovery alternating. The lesions tend to get better as one approaches the mid-20s. Many individuals need to seek treatment because of severity or psychosocial concerns.
The cause for pimples is the blockage of pores and tiny pipes leading to pores through which oily secretions of skin glands escape to the surface. This blockage causes swelling of the involved structures in which skin bacteria get entrapped leading to pus formation.
Preventive Measures and Skin Care Tips for Pimple Free Skin:
Although it is not possible to completely prevent pimples, still a lot can be done to minimize their intensity and chances of recurrence. Follow these simple tips for pimple removing.
- If pimples run in your family, start taking good care of your skin at an early age.
- Control dandruff with suitable treatment, if you have any.
- Shampoo regularly. If you have oily hair, shampoo daily.
- Wash twice a day and after sweating. Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, can make acne worse, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating. Washing should be gentle and without much force with hand movement in a circular fashion.
- Use your fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser. Using a washcloth, mesh sponge or anything else can irritate the skin
- Avoid dusty and polluted environment.
- Avoid food articles that trigger the onset of pimples. Trying to cut back on junk food can definitely help. eating more fruits and vegetables in the diet and doing more exercise keeps body healthy and acne under control.
- Avoid cosmetics that seem to trigger an onset of the fresh crop of pimples (occlusive cosmetic lotions/creams/cleansers, high humidity, certain medicines, high intake of milk etc.).
- Keep your hands off your face. Touching your skin throughout the day can cause flare-ups. Do not pick at or scrub pimples.
- Be gentle with your skin. When people get a pimple breakout, their first instinct is to reach for a scrub or a product with a high astringent content.
In reality, scrubs and astringents can worsen your pimples. “The way that your skin responds to that kind of irritation is to produce more oil because that forms a barrier to whatever is irritating. Use the cleanser having antibacterial properties. So for a pimple free skin, Use gentle products, such as those that are alcohol-free. Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Apply Sunscreen
You can skip this tip if you stay indoors because most of the sunscreens can clog pores. However, if you go outdoors, put sunscreen at least 30 minutes before stepping out in the bright sun. Remember that it is critical to choose a lightweight sunscreen in a fluid, lotion or gel form to avoid development of new acne.
Meet the dermatologist if:
- The measures taken by you are not helping you out.
- Your acne makes you shy or embarrassed.
- The products you’ve tried have not worked.
- Your acne is leaving scars or darkening your skin
A dermatologist will work with you and discuss changes in your lifestyle, what products you’re using and any medications you’re taking to help determine what is causing your acne. He can help treat existing acne, prevent new breakouts and reduce your chance of developing scars. Adhere to the prescribed treatment and do not use products that are not recommended by your dermatologist.
Ask your dermatologist if you are a candidate for microdermabrasion procedure which helps in removing blackheads or whiteheads or chemical peel which help in removing the superficial layer of skin and decrease’s the activity of sebaceous gland.
Carbon peel or Hollywood peel can be a very very helpful procedure for oily, acne-prone skins. on one side it helps in removing the superficial dirt, decrease the activity of acne-causing bacteria’s and on the other side it provides the skin glow, even skin tone and removes sun spots simultaneously. The procedure is done with the help of high power advanced Q switch Nd YAG laser. Total time required is 30-40 minutes.